How Do I Choose the Restoration Firm that Is the Best Fit for Fire Damaged Multi-Family Residences in Marina del Rey?
Trust the Scientifically Based Fire Damage Restoration Services SERVPRO Offers to Our Marina del Rey Business Community
Our community is home to North America's largest human-built saltwater small craft harbor, hosting approximately 5,000 boats in a beautiful and vibrant setting. Managing condominium or apartment buildings surrounding the basins is a busy, demanding, and rewarding business. If an unanticipated disaster in Marina del Rey occurs, it is your responsibility to resolve the emergency for all units affected safely, quickly, and successfully.
What Can You Expect from Professional Multi-Unit Fire Restoration?
Residents in your Marina del Rey properties require fire damage resolution fast, whether the blaze involved their home directly or if water, soot, or smoke damage migrated from nearby units. The response time we offer makes it clear that we are a fire recovery industry leader. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster, offering our commercial customers the following catalog of services and more:
- Site securing and stabilization
- Electricity monitoring to prevent electrocution hazards
- Inspection and shut off of other utility lines
- Firefighting water and chemical cleanup
- Applied structural drying
- Options for contents pack-out and return
- Off and on-site contents cleaning and restoration
- Expert structural demolition to damaged sections of the building
- Certified smoke and soot residue removal
- Disinfection services
- Deodorization services
- Turnkey building reconstruction and restoration
Why Are Training, Certification, and Experience Crucial When Hiring a Fire Restoration Company?
Assessing, planning, and implementing all the steps in a significant fire restoration project is complex. Our SERVPRO has the unique position of confidently providing industry-leading services that meet or exceed the standards developed and imposed by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), and applicable licensing and oversight agencies. We have state-of-the-art equipment and years of experience in the restoration industry required to manage a multi-tiered commercial fire damage project.
Owners and managers in our firm possess advanced post-secondary degrees in scientific fields and multi-specialty IICRC certifications. Our owner is a California General Contractor, permitting us to extend wrap-around reconstruction to our commercial customers, saving you time, expense, and worry as you work with one contractor to "Like it never even happened."
How Is Fire-Related Water Damage Mitigated and Remediated in Tight Quarters Like Mid or High-Rise Housing?
One of the challenges of responding to a condominium or apartment fire is the varying degrees of difficulty when gaining access to damaged spaces. These barriers can be particularly taxing during the water removal task that is often the first phase of the project. In-unit sprinkler systems activated by the heat can initially deposit water in affected units, followed by a robust response from the fire department. Swift-water evacuation is vital:
- To halt the corrosive action of the fluids
- To remove suspended and dissolved hazards
- To streamline the way for fire residue cleanup
We use submersible pumps where water is more in-depth than two inches. If we can access the water with our truck-mounted extractors, we centralize the water removal to one or a few points. If needed, our technicians also can carry portable extractors into confined spaces and areas far from easy exterior access. Our ability to scale up our workforce for this step ensures that our reaction time does not suffer.
Do All Tenants or Owners Need to Move Out During Fire Damage in a Multi-Residency Building?
We work with you and the owners or resident council to minimize evacuations, which are expensive and disruptive, using research-based strategies that prioritize safety while encouraging restoration efficiency. The answer to whether individuals can remain in damaged or nearby units is different depending on the specific circumstances. It is often subject to the oversight of local authorities. Some ways our crews can prevent drift of fire residues include:
- The shutdown of any shared HVAC systems, followed by duct cleaning and fresh filters
- The containment of the fire-affected spaces with 1.6 polyethylene wrapping and negative air pressure machines seal the area from unaffected units or rooms
- The integration of a series of "clean" and "dirty" rooms or spaces to prevent our workers from tracking fire residue through unaffected spaces
- The use of the clean and contaminated designated spaces to move fire debris safely out of the building
- The employment of negative air pressure equipment as air scrubbers, forcing contaminated atmospheres inside contained spaces through HEPA filters before exhausting outside.
Can the Restoration Company Help with Insurance Communications and Claims After Fire Damage?
SERVPRO collaborates with commercial building managers and owners in Marina del Rey during fire damage restoration projects, working together to provide insurance companies with the documentation needed to support claims. Our shouldering this part of the burden of fire damage response permits you the time and energy to work to answer the many concerns of the residents who rely upon you to provide a safe and sanitary expectation of quiet enjoyment of their condos, townhouses, or apartments.
The confidence you develop in the trained and skilled team from SERVPRO of Marina Del Rey / Westchester / El Segundo during commercial fire restoration is well-founded in our delivery of superior results. Call us at (310) 333-0654 immediately after the discovery of the blaze for a prompt and professional response.