If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (310) 333-0654

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Unattended Candles Can Cause Significant Fire Damage To Your Home In Los Angeles

1/8/2019 (Permalink)

Fire Damage Unattended Candles Can Cause Significant Fire Damage To Your Home In Los Angeles Should a fire impact your home, never wait to get help!

A Lit Candle Can Cause Fire Damage In Your Los Angeles Home

Candles are always a fire damage hazard but, when they are attended, they can cause very little harm. However, it is when candles are left unattended that problems begin to arise. Leaving a candle on its own inside of your bedroom may seem like it is not a big deal, but if there is anything relatively flammable close by, the candle can cause it to catch fire as well. In fact, one of the most common objects inside of a bedroom to catch fire because of a candle is window drapes.

A candle caused fire damage to your Los Angeles bedroom by catching a wall decoration on fire. From there, the fire jumped to the drapes next to the decoration and then to makeup products that were on a vanity table underneath the drapes. Fires can spread very quickly, but it was fortunate that this particular one was contained before it could do further damage. However, it leaves you with the obstacle of the damage it did cause. When it comes to fire damage, it is best to reach out for help as soon as possible, as remediating it is time-sensitive. The longer that you wait, the harder it is to remediate all of the damage successfully.

When you contact SERVPRO, we make an effort to arrive at your home as soon as we possibly can. After a brief investigation of the damage, our technicians can begin the remediation process. SERVPRO can start by disposing of all of the ruined makeup products, the drapes, and the decorations that were burned up. From there, our IICRC-certified techs can use advanced cleaning techniques to tackle the mild fire damage inside of your bedroom.

Depending on the soot and how hot the fire burned when it caused it, a different cleaning technique may be required. SERVPRO can decide on rather to clean the soot from the various surfaces of your room by either using abrasive, lubricative, or chemical cleaning techniques. When using cleaning solutions, SERVPRO can start by using a spray-and-wipe method to continually remove soot from the impacted surface slowly, either by lifting it with lubrication or dissolving it chemically.

To address the foul smell in your bedroom, our techs can run an air scrubber while they work, equipped with a carbon filter. Once they are finished, they can leave your home confident that it feels like it did before its preloss state.

Should a fire impact your home, never wait to get help. Call (310) 333-0654 to speak with SERVPRO of Marina Del Rey / Westchester / El Segundo. Day or night, 24/7, our technicians are always prepared to rush to your home and assist you.

Click here for more about Los Angeles.

Other News

View Recent Posts